Dear Valued Customer,
As you are already aware, Atlantic International Bank has recently obtained a correspondent relationship with Bancredito International Bank. In light of this, please be advised that we have made several changes to our Outgoing Wire Transfer service that will take effect immediately. They are as follows:
- All outgoing wire requests must include the specific purpose for movement of funds. A specific purpose will ensure that your wire request will be attended to expeditiously. In the absence of a specific purpose, we will have to come back to you for more information.
- All outgoing wire requests must include relevant supporting documents. There will be no exceptions. These supporting documents should be scanned and emailed to [email protected] and make reference to your wire transfer request that you have submitted. Alternatively they may be faxed to +(501) 223-3528.
- The bank reserves the right to request any additional documents that were not initially provided at the time of the request.
- Until further notice, the bank is still not able to process foreign currency wires, therefore all wire transfers are to be U.S. dollar denominated.
- All current outgoing wire transfer charges will remain the same but may increase in the near future. A notice will be sent to you if this occurs.
- Bancredito has informed us that outgoing wire transfers to the United States will take 48 hours to process while those to other jurisdictions outside the United States will take 72 hours.
- Taking the time frame in item number 6 above and to avoid any delays, all wire transfer requests and supporting documentation must be made by 2:00 pm Belize time. Wire requests received after 2:00 pm Belize time will be processed on the following business day.
- For all wire transfers sent to a Beneficiary Bank within the United States an ABA (Fed Wire) number must be provided in the wiring information.
- For all wire transfers sent to a Beneficiary Bank outside the United States a US Intermediary Bank (Correspondent Bank) must be provided. Additionally an ABA (Fed Wire) number must be provided for the Intermediary Bank (Correspondent Bank) as well.
- Full beneficiary address and beneficiary bank address must be submitted in the wiring instructions.
While we understand that these new changes may be unfamiliar, we ask that you kindly be patient with us as we work to normalize our operations with Bancredito. We will continue to keep you updated as adjustments are made.
If you wish to discuss these changes further, please contact your usual customer service representative from Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:00 am – 5:00 pm CST. We look forward to your continued support and understanding during this period.